Pundit had a house full of guests for several days. All’s quiet and back to normal. But, of course, the un-blogged weekend of trampoline news was quite eventful. Here’s a tidy wrap-up:
- Great Britain held its 2012 National Trampoline, Tumbling, DMT and Synchro Championships in Birmingham
- US held its 2012 National Championships for Tumbling, DMT and Jr. Elite Trampoline and Synchro in Long Beach, CA
- Kalon Ludvigson won his 7th US National Tumbling Championships with a World Record DD pass
- Legendary Trampoline Coach Jeff Hennessy celebrated his 60th Wedding Anniversary to his popular and devoted wife, Ruth
Many of the rest of the National GB titles went to first time Senior National Champions, such as Nathan Bailey. He triumphed in the Men’s Individual Trampoline event beating former Champion James Higgins who struggled early in the competition. The full results are linked below.
In the US, the National Championships for Senior Tumbling and DMT and Junior Elite Trampoline and Synchro were held on July 5-7 in Long Beach, CA. Men’s Tumbling Champion, Kalon Ludvigson, set a US record for difficulty in tumbling, performing his World Record tumbling pass (two layout full-in, full outs through to a Miller) to win the US National Tumbling title for the 7th time.
Ludvigson’s Winning Tumbling Pass
* In case you were wondering, the Senior Elite Individual Trampolinists and Synchro Teams competed separately a week earlier, June 26-27, in San Jose, CA at the same event as the US Artistic Gymnastics Championships. All US Olympic gymnasts – artistic and trampoline – were announced in San Jose. As you may know by now, Savannah Vinsant and Steven Gluckstein will represent the US in London in the trampoline events.
Finally, decorated US National Trampoline Coach and Delegate Jeff Hennessy celebrated 60 years of marriage to his beautiful wife Ruth on July 5th. They celebrated with their children in New Orleans, LA.
For the sake of full transparency, these are my parents.